Generally, if we collect information from you, we use it only for the purposes for which it was collected and the other limited purposes set forth below.
This Site collects two types of information from you: (1) General Information and (2) Personal Information.
General Information: The Foundation automatically collects some non-personal information from our Site’s “cookies,” other tracking mechanisms, registration forms, etc., such as:
- Your domain name and host for Internet access,
- The date and time of your entry,
- Your IP address, browser type, or operating system,
- The pages you visit and links that you use,
- The domain name from which you linked to our Site,
- Your zip code,
- Other general demographic information.
- We use this general information to help diagnose problems with the Site and to administer our Site. We may also share it with our business partners on an as-needed basis.
- Personal Information:
- The Foundation also collects personal information from our Site’s donations forms, registration forms, contact form, merchandise transactions such as:
- Mailing address,
- Telephone number,
- E-mail address,
- Credit card and bank information,
- We may use the information from these forms and transactions for the purpose for which it was collected. We also work with certain third parties and, in some cases, personal information will be shared with these third parties in order to pursue the Foundation’s mission and goals.
- We will not sell or disclose any of your personal information to a third party, except for the following limited circumstances:
- With your permission to disclose the information,
- To change hosts or when our host transfers business assets (as further described below),
- To share it with agents or contractors who perform services for us, and/or
- As required by law.
Corrections / Updates
This Site gives users the opportunity to change any information previously provided to us through this Site. To do so, please send us an e-mail through Foundation of the Americas’ Website Contact Information Page. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of Business Assets
At any time, this Site’s host may be acquired, merge with another business, or acquire or buy other businesses or assets. In such transactions, both General and Personal Information will likely be among the transferred assets